Over the years, the Data Science industry has grown exponentially in both size and importance. Organisations collect a huge amount of data nowadays, and so data science is a more necessary field than ever, with data scientists the world over working hard to turn raw data into relevant and actionable information that companies can really use.
There's a high demand for talented, insightful data scientists across a varied (and ever-growing) number of industries. And that's where we come in - here at Hyper Recruitment Solutions, we provide specialist recruitment services for a plethora of scientific sectors, including the data science industry, so we know exactly what it takes to succeed within this field.
With a first-class record in recruitment, we pair high-qualified candidates with some of the biggest and most influential employers in the UK and beyond.
What sectors employ data scientists?
Here are just some of the industries whom we have helped to recruit data scientists:
If your company is looking to hire an experienced data scientist, Hyper Recruitment Solutions can help. Click the link below to learn about the recruitment solutions we can provide, or get in touch to speak with a member of our team.
Recruitment Solutions for Employers >
Photo from pexels.com
Information Systems and Technology is a rapidly-growing sector and has been for many years.
Commonly known as IS&T, many different jobs exist within this field, with more and more continually emerging through the evolution and growth of the industry. From Software Development to Data Management and Cyber Security Engineering, there are all kinds of IS&T roles for all sorts of different people.
But what are the skills needed to work in the IS&T industry and to become successful within this sector?
With such a broad range of roles available, employers within the IS&T industry look for a variety of different skills when seeking out new recruits. Some may seek candidates with expertise in a specific programming language or piece of software, while others may look for a more generic skill set. Here are just a few examples...
Key IS&T Skills
- Communication – Contrary to the stereotypical view of IS&T professionals as socially-awkward introverts who struggle to talk to other human beings, communication skills are actually imperative within the IS&T industry. This is due to the cross-departmental nature of many roles within the field, where individuals are needed to work across many groups and teams. IS&T professionals often have to supply technological solutions for individuals who lack their expertise, and they are often called upon to discuss problems and solutions in a way that’s easy to understand. Additionally, IS&T professionals are often expected to present ideas and reports to other individuals and groups within the business they work in, again requiring good levels of communication.
- Time Management – Many professionals within the IS&T sector are required to be self-motivated and self-managed, and a huge aspect of being self-managed requires the ability to have excellent time management skills. Work may often take longer than planned to complete; therefore, as an IS&T professional, you should be able to accurately evaluate how long a specific assignment is going to take to finish and then have the ability to stick to deadlines, whether that’s on a daily, weekly, monthly or task-by-task basis.
- Coding – Coding is one of the very basic skills that any IS&T professional should possess, as it’s a skill that the vast majority of employers in this sector look for. If a business is looking to hire a programmer, the employer may seek an individual who is competent in multiple languages. Even for roles that may not specifically involve coding, an IS&T candidate should at least have a working knowledge of the simpler coding languages (such as C++ and HTML) and an understanding of the code-writing process in order to participate in software development projects and manage things such as quality assurance. Coding, however, requires more than just aptitude with languages - it requires logical thought, good problem solving skills, the ability to utilise various technologies, and of course an extensive understanding of information systems.
- Networking – Networking is an extension of communication and concerns the ability to gather groups of people within a working environment to share the things that they know. This is done in order to shape a system of knowledge that is bigger than the parts within it.
These are just some of the many, many skills that a candidate looking for a position within the IS&T industry may be expected to have. Some roles require more specific skills; it is therefore recommended that, before you apply for any IS&T role, you read the full job description and are aware of all the skills required.
View & Apply for IS&T Jobs >
Image from pixabay.com
Application specialists are employed by all sorts of different organisations in a wide variety of fields. This can be a very lucrative career for tech-savvy individuals who understand and enjoy working with software and computer systems.
Browse our application specialist jobs here >
What does an application specialist do?
Application specialists work with computer programs and software systems. They are frequently called upon to troubleshoot problems and help other people to use software applications. They may also be responsible for installing, altering and updating software systems.
Which industries employ application specialists?
Software is found in virtually all industry sectors nowadays, and the same applies to application specialists. Any organisation that relies on software to operate might also employ an application specialist to manage their software systems.
That said, the following industries are known to employ an especially large number of application specialists:
- Medical Devices
- Financial Services
Requirements for application specialist jobs
Specific requirements vary from one job to the next, but application specialists are generally expected to know how to:
- Use a wide variety of devices and applications
- Identify and resolve IT-related problems
- Maintain software systems, keeping them functional and up-to-date
- Advise customers/colleagues and demonstrate how to use applications
The most important quality for an application specialist to have is a firm understanding of hardware and software. Problem-solving skills are important too, since the application specialist is the person everyone else turns to when a piece of software isn't working properly.
It's not all about working with computers, though. Application specialists are often required to demo new pieces of software and help other individuals to understand the systems they're using, so you can add good communication skills and a friendly demeanour to the list of highly-valued skills in this field.
Think you've got what it takes to succeed as an application specialist? At Hyper Recruitment Solutions, we work with a number of businesses who are looking to employ people like you – click here to view current vacancies!
Image from pexels.com
'Technology' is a very broad term that covers a number of different sectors, all of which include all sorts of exciting and fascinating ob opportunities. Tech jobs are important as they shape so much of the world we know, as well as how we live, communicate, travel, eat and so much more.
If you are considering a career in science or technology, it may be hard to know where to start. We at Hyper Recruitment Solutions are dedicated to finding all the latest opportunities within the science and technology industry, and to pairing talented and passionate individuals with the up-and-coming companies that are currently recruiting new employees.
We are constantly updating our job listing pages, with new tech jobs being added to our database every day. To see our full list of jobs in the technology sector, please click the following link:
Technology covers a huge range of jobs, so once you've decided that this is the direction you would like to go in, you can then look into the more specific paths. This may include tech jobs in:
- Food technology
Not only are tech jobs diverse, they can also be very rewarding. This is because they often allow the employee to be a part of some exciting developments while also earning a great salary. This is what makes tech jobs so appealing, and this is why finding a job in technology is often a very competitive race.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions helps you through every part of the job search process, which makes it far more likely that you'll ultimately find work in your preferred field. From creating your CV to finding the right job opportunity and preparing for the interview, we can help you to land a job that you will be truly passionate about.
If you are still wondering where to find a tech job, please get in touch with our team of friendly specialists. We are more than happy to help you find a position that suits your skills and qualifications - contact us today!
If you have an analytical mind and are interested in both science and technology, you may well be interested in a job as a data scientist.
Although this industry is competitive, it is also growing and evolving rapidly. This growth means that the field is in constant need of new minds and new talent.
Data scientists translate raw data into useful information that helps with problem solving. This problem solving element is important for all kinds of scientific advancements; using algorithms and machine learning, data scientists make sense of statistics and turn them into useful actions.
At Hyper Recruitment Solutions, we love working with qualified, talented and passionate individuals who want to start rewarding and lucrative careers as data scientists. We are constantly updating our job database with the latest opportunities for data scientists, so be sure to take a look at our current job listings here.
Data scientist jobs can be found in a number of different sectors, including:
- Scientific Research
- Information Technology
If you need any advice on how to land your dream data science job, we would be more than happy to help you. Our recruitment service can help you through any stage of your job seeking process, so if you think you may be interested in any of the opportunities we have listed, please get in touch with us today.